It may be hard to tell, but spring is on it’s way and that means senior picture time! I love this time of year! Shooting senior portraits is one of my favorite things to do. With the weather starting to turn, and customers starting to call to book their portrait sessions, I am frequently asked about ideas for locations to shoot. I thought I would share some great locations in the area that I feel, offer beautiful backdrops for outdoor shooting:
- Greenfield Village, Dearborn: I have to say, this has long been a favorite place for our family to visit, since I was a kid. It also makes for an incredible spot to take your senior pictures! There are lush gardens, interesting buildings, an impeccable train track/trains and of course, a long list of historical buildings.
- Matthaei Botanical Gardens, Ann Arbor: These gardens are amazing! They offer incredible beauty all-around. Stunning flowers, lush greenery, several gardens and a pond. I would highly recommend this treasure.
- Mill Race Historical Village and Park, Northville: I have shot families, seniors and couples at Mill Race, more than I can count! In fact, I was married there! This quaint historic village is a beautiful place to shoot your senior pictures, and is a very popular location. In particular, the fall colors are amazing and make for incredible backgrounds.
- Lower Huron Park, Belleville: Simply because I live within a mile from the park, I shoot here frequently. However, any state park will always make for a fantastic location. You can never go wrong with the beauty of nature as your surroundings! The simplicity of the colorful trees and greenery will be a wonderful way to make you look your best!
- Kellog Park, Plymouth: This is one of the most requested locations I receive! Kellog park and the surrounding downtown Plymouth area has so much to offer! I beautiful park, urban alley-ways, interesting bistros’s and historic buildings. What more could you ask for? I highly recommend Plymouth!
- Parker Mills Park, Ann Arbor: Located just down the street from the Matthaei Botanical Gardens, Parker Mills is a gorgeous park with a stunning old grist/cider mill set in the middle. There are beautiful walking paths and the entire area is the perfect backdrop for senior pictures.
Of course, there are many more wonderful places and we’re always open to going wherever you want to go! Here’s to a great senior season!
Timeless Images by Susan is a contemporary portrait studio, specializing in senior portraiture, located in Belleville, Michigan. We serve the cities of Belleville, Canton, Plymouth, Ypsilanti, Ann Arbor, Livonia, Northville and Novi. Contact Susan at 734.391.8662 to schedule your photo shoot or simply for a free consultation!! Now booking 2016 seniors for summer and Fall of 2015!