Almost 300 people came out to celebrate the historic site in Plymouth, MI where over 120 years of family memories have been made, in this very special farmhouse restaurant. The Courthouse Grille, currently owned by Sam Messina, has been host to so many people from Plymouth and the surrounding areas, for over 35 years, since he purchased it from the Stremich family in 1983. What originally began as a farmhouse eatery in the 1890’s soon became known as the “Hillside Inn in the mid 1930’s, making it’s reputation as a specialty restaurant serving such delicacies as African lion. The Hillside Inn stood the test of time until shortly after Sam acquired the building, when he brought master chef “Ernie DeMichelle into the restaurant and renamed it “Ernesto’s~An Italian Country Inn”. Alas, the time has come for Sam to retire and begin enjoying more time with his family and grandchildren. While an exciting, new chapter begins for Sam a sad chapter closes for the Courthouse Grille. The farewell party was filled with a host of memories including a window-ledge full of old memorabilia including menus, photos, matchbooks, wine glasses and more. Numerous ex-employees attended the event for one last chance to pay their respects to the wonderful man who gave them a job; who they respected and appreciated the opportunity to work for.
The evening’s proceeds went to support the Village Arts Factory project in Canton. This incredible facility sits on the corner of Cherry Hill and Ridge Road in Canton’s historic district and is Henry Ford’s last Village Industry. It was a dormitory and factory that provided training and rehabilitation to returning war veterans and supplied parts for the Willow Run Bomber plant. This property was acquired by the Partnership for the Arts and Humanities in 2012. Since that time the Partnership has been working tirelessly to obtain the necessary funding to rehabilitate the grounds and main building, in preparation for the grand opening of the project. If you have not heard about or read about this project please visit the Partnership website HERE to learn more!
The event was sponsored by several local businesses and vendors and included food sampling, wine tasting and live music. It was a truly magical evening and it was wonderful to see so many people come out and show their support for a spectacular landmark and some very special owners who have taken great care of their guests throughout the years.
The photo gallery from this event is available HERE or by clicking on CLIENT at the top of the website. The customary password has been removed for this gallery and low resolution images may be downloaded, as our gift, to the attendees. *An email address will be required, as a security measure only. Prints may be ordered using the “cart” function. Gallery expires on 2/17/19.