What to bring/wear:
- For individual portrait sessions/headshots: ADULT MEN: Wear classic professional (sports coat/dress shirt/tie with dress slacks or suit) or go casual (jeans/khakis with polo shirt/long sleeve dress shirt/long sleeve woven shirt or sweater, etc) in colors that look good on you (white, blue, green, red, pastel dress shirts, etc). Ensure that you are comfortable for the most natural portraits. ADULT WOMEN: Wear classic dressy outfits (dresses, skirts/blouses, dress pants/blouses or twinsets) or go casual (jeans/khakis/cute pants with funky tops, sweaters, blouses, etc). Select bold colors and also some white and black (but keep the black minimal and try to avoid wearing black on top/near your face). Subtle prints are also fine. Bring several selections so we have choices; all on hangers please! (If shooting with a spouse, coordinate your colors so they are complimentary, not necessarily matching)
- High school seniors: GUYS: Bring at least 3-4 different outfits (jeans/khakis/dress pants and cool shirts-even your letter jacket) along with any accessories that represent YOU like ties, sunglasses, hats, etc and don’t forget a comb! Don’ts: No sweat pants, cheap flip flops or gym shorts! GIRLS: Bring as many outfits as you wish-even your prom dress, if you desire! You are not going to wear it all, but we want choices! Bring accessories like necklaces, earrings, rings, hats, scarves and hair accessories. Bring several types of shoes! Bring your makeup kit, a brush/comb and any hair styling tools you want. NOTE: If you have elected NOT to utilize our makeup artist, please still apply a light base of makeup, as the studio lighting tends to wash you out, as do some techniques used in daylight shooting. Mascara, some blush, light eyeshadow/liner and lip gloss are good choices. Lastly, be sure to style your hair! Don’ts: No super short skirts or shorts, no “rock band” tee shirts, no lingerie items, nothing see-through, nothing super-low cut! Clothing items should be clean and pressed and preferably on hangers please! We will not have time to steam/press your clothing prior to your shoot.
- Bring accessories and/or fun “personal” items that mean something to you (ex: For individuals: cowboy hats, stuffed animals, books, a favorite college jacket, a musical instrument, sports equipment, etc…). I am willing to incorporate anything that is important to you!
- When you will be shooting on location/outdoors, be sure to consider the time of year and temperature; dressing accordingly! Also, colors such as blue, white, cream, tan and orange work well against the greenery of nature!
- Shoes are optional! Weather-permitting, barefoot is always fun. However, if we cannot go barefoot or you’ve requested a more formal portrait, please wear shoes that match your outfit and coordinate your socks to match (dark, not white) unless you intend to impart a quirky, fun twist to a shot or two (ie: holiday socks)!
- Grooming: Ensure that you have completed the necessary grooming preparations in advance of your session (shaving, waxing, eyebrow trimming, fresh manicure/pedicure, etc). Haircuts or hair color changes are best done at least 1 week prior to your session date! This will ensure that you’ve had time to master your new look and are happy with it.
- I have no problem with family pets joining our location (outdoor or at your home, of course!) sessions as long as I am informed in advance.
- I find that music is very inspirational and can put people at ease. If your session will be in my studio and you want to bring your IPOD for motivation, please do!
- Please refrain from taking your own photographs (including the use of cell phones/i-phones) during my sessions, as it is disruptive.
- It can slow things down or be disruptive to have additional people at your session, who are not being photographed. So, we recommend that only those being photographed, and immediate family attend your session please.
*As always, please feel free to call anytime with questions! Studio: 734.391.8662.
Unforseen emergency interruptions to our plans…
Should we be met with less than perfect weather conditions on the day of your outdoor shoot, we will reschedule. In addition, if you or any member of your family is unable to make the shoot due to illness, we will reschedule. Please contact me at least 24 hours prior to your shoot date to reschedule.
When attending your viewing/ordering appointment, please note the following:
- Please ensure that all decision makers are in attendance!
- It is best for us if young children do not attend our meeting so you can stay focused on reviewing your images in a timely and efficient manner without distractions.
- I will have portrait & product samples available for you to see and touch, which will help you in determining the right choices for your home.
- Upon completion of your final print order, payment will be due in full* before we can submit your order to the lab for printing. (We accept cash, personal checks and major credit cards (Visa, M/C, Discover.) *Payment plans are available for select orders meeting minimum order requirements.*
- Your family and friends will be able to place orders by contacting me directly.
- Once your order arrives we will contact you to arrange delivery to your home or office.
- Payments: Session fee includes portrait session, photographer’s fee for consult, time/talent to capture, digitally process and professionally edit all images for slideshow presentation and lab submission. Session payment/retainer/deposit is due in full prior to the day of your session, along with signed Modeling contract (studio contract for events/corporations), in order to reserve your date. Payments can be made by cash, check or credit card (we accept Mastercard, Visa and Discover). *Depending on the package purchased, charge for makeup artist may be separate.
- Travel Fee: Additional $30.00 travel fee charged for any on-site destination located more than 30 miles from studio.
- Location fees: Client is responsible for any fees associated with a specific location/on-site shooting requests (parking, admissions, etc…)
- Cancellations: Life happens and sometimes the need to cancel does arise. Please contact us at least 24 hours prior to your session if you need to cancel. We will then reschedule and your session fee will be transferred to your rescheduled session date. (*New session must be booked within 12 months. Failure to reschedule your session within 12 months from originally scheduled session date will result in forfeiture of original retainer fee.)
- Ordering: Prints and other products are sold separately and together in designated packages, including framed & unframed/matted prints, gallery wraps, albums, specialty products. Production time will vary depending on the type of product package that you order. Should you request your order to be shipped to you, a flat rate of $5.00 for shipping will apply for all products under 16×20. For items 16×20 and larger a shipping fee of $15.00 applies.
- Taxes: All product purchases are subject to Michigan 6% sales tax.
- Image storage: Final images from your sessions will be stored and available for re-prints for 60 days from your purchase order date.
- Pricing: Photographer’s pricing is updated periodically. Future orders may be subject to adjusted pricing. Due to the nature of custom-made art, ALL PRODUCT SALES ARE FINAL once your order has been submitted to the lab.
- Copyright: All images created by Timeless Images by Susan [Susan Richardson] are owned and marketable as such, by the creator, under U.S. Copyright law.
All images are protected by Federal copyright laws and may not be reproduced in any way without consent from the artist/photographer. www.timelessimagesbysusan.com | 734.391.8662